HSBC’s private equity investment philosophy
Key strengths in private equity investing
Investment Outlook Q4 2021: Slow(er) and steady wins the race Watch the video: Investment Outlook Q4 2021: Slow(er) and steady wins the race
Watch our Global Chief Investment Officer Willem Sels discuss our investment strategy for the mid-cycle stage. Equity, credit and EM bond returns should remain respectable, but within equities, we increasingly focus on quality, large caps and dividends.
Since we began working with the private equity industry decades ago, we’ve been honing our ability to find the best private equity managers.
- Alternative investments may not be suitable for all clients
- The value of investments can fall. It is important to note that the capital value of, and income from, any investment may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested
- Limited marketability and transferability
- Illiquidity (lockups of 12 or more years)
- Complex tax considerations
- Lack of regulatory oversight and protection
- Delayed or limited valuation information
- Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance